West Central Ohio Safety Council
The West Central Ohio Safety Council is an organization co-sponsored by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, Division of Safety & Hygiene and the Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce. The goal of Safety Council is to increase awareness and the importance of safety to area businesses and the community.
We are pleased to welcome Deb Katzenmeyer as the NEW West Central Ohio Safety Council Manager
To view our meeting dates/topics, member attendance sheet and our member list, please click the links below.
Meeting Dates & Topics BWC Ergo Classes Attendance Membership List
Destination Excellence - the Ohio BWC's bundle of programs designed to help improve workplace safety, enhance injured worker care & lower workers' comp costs. Click the image for more information.
Safety Council Goals
- 2013 Successes & Accomplishments
- To promote & establish safety awareness
- To educate on safety techniques
- Exchange safety ideas, information & procedures among members
- Promote cooperation with federal, state and municipal safety programs
- Analyze safety problems, encourage research and conduct special studies
- $30/year – Annual Membership Dues
Safety + Health Magazine - publication of the national safety council
- Features in this month's online magazine include: GHS is Here, Injured and Addicted, and much more...
- Visit www.sh.nsc.org for online resources and articles
2013 Board of Directors & Officers
- President: Tony Daley, Spallinger Millwright
- Vice President - Sean Perry, Challenge Electric
- Manager: Deb Katzenmeyer, Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce
Steering Committee Members:
- Dean Bidlack, BWC
- Debi Blankenship, WCORHA
- Lucy Balmer, Husky Lima Refinery
- Joe Martz, INEOS
- Sean Perry, Challenge Electric
- Karen Shindeldecker, LCS - Lima Construction Services
- Lisa Briem, American Trim
- Crystal Kempher, Apollo Career Center
- Penny Mosley, Custom Staffing
Regional Customer Service Office
The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
offers more than 74 occupational safety, health and ergonomic courses
for Ohio employees to attend. Classes are available online and held
throughout the state at our regional service offices.
One of the benefits for employers with active workers’
compensation coverage is there is no additional charge to register their
employees for classes. The following is a list of courses available
online and at the Lima Customer Service Office. A listing of courses
offered at our other service offices can be found at ohiobwc.com under the safety services section of the website.
Click here for course listing.
For additional information as to how you can participate in Safety Council, contact Deb Katzenmeyer at 419.222.6045 or email@example.com.