West Central Ohio Safety Council
The West Central Ohio Safety Council is an organization co-sponsored by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, Division of Safety & Hygiene and the Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce. The importance of safety, health and wellness to area businesses and the community.
To view our meeting dates/topics, member attendance sheet, member list, and to download the enrollment form; please click the links below.
Destination Excellence - the Ohio BWC's bundle of programs designed to help improve workplace safety, enhance injured worker care & lower workers' comp costs. Click the image for more information.
Safety Council Goals
- 2014 Successes & Accomplishments
- Continue to increase membership.
- Coordinate membership meetings beyond the BWC program requirements, including new health and wellness programming initiative.
- Promote the different programs provided by BWC to all area employers
- Continue the Ruth Kreher Safety Person of the Year Award and WCOSC Scholarship Award.
- Research venue for annual community safety expo.
- $30/year – Annual Membership Dues
Safety + Health Magazine - publication of the National Safety Council
Steering Committee Members
- President: Sean Perry, Challenge Electric
- Vice President: OPEN
- Craig Hohenbrink, INEOS
- Crystal Plumpe, Apollo Career Ctr
- Karen Shindeldecker, LCS
- Debi Blankenship, WCORHA
- Lucy Balmer, Husky Energy
- Tony Daley, Spallinger Millwright
- Penny Mosley, Custom Staffing
- Kyle Koschalk, American Trim
- Tim Ewing, POET Biorefinery
- Amy Ricker, Lima Pallet
- Micah Brown, Premier Insulation Contracting
- Dean Bidlack, BWC
- Jed Metzger, LACCC
- Safety Council Manager: Deb Katzenmeyer
Regional Customer Service Office
The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation offers more than 74 occupational safety, health and ergonomic courses for Ohio employees to attend. Classes are available online and held throughout the state at our regional service offices.
One of the benefits for employers with active workers’ compensation coverage is there is no additional charge to register their employees for classes. The following is a list of courses available online and at the Lima Customer Service Office. A listing of courses offered at our other service offices can be found at ohiobwc.com under the safety services section of the website.
For additional information as to how you can participate in Safety Council, contact Deb Katzenmeyer at 419.222.6045 or email@example.com.